Giani Granite Paint Kit for Countertop
I’m sure many of us, like me, want the elegance of a granite counter top in your kitchen or bathroom. But again, like many of us, just can’t afford to install those expensive countertops and replace that cheap laminate. Searching for an inexpensive solution I saw a promotional video on Giani countertop paint which said it could transform your dull laminate countertop into a faux granite finish.
First I thought– how would the paint ever stick to laminate and I bet that it looks like paint too. But, I was intrigued and figured I would give it a try especially in my small downstairs guest bathroom. Giani offers a wide variety of different types of granite look finishes to choose from in many different colors to match you home. I chose more of a sandstone type look which would work great for my bathroom.
Upon opening the box, there was everything from a training video to a few different cans of paint, a training manual, sponge and more. At first, I though oh no this is going be crazy. I played the instructional DVD and it seems as long as you follow the steps and apply the paint in the right order you can’t screw up.
So, I cleaned the counter, taped off the sink and walls and started the process which was first to give the counter top a very good cleaning. And then I was ready to start — you can watch the whole process overview in the video below.
After completing the project, I was absolutely amazed with the results and so was the family. I only had one little spot that I put too much paint but it still does not look bad at all. We always get compliments on the countertop in the bathroom and because of the special high gloss seal coating not only is the counter top water sealed but also gives a reflection much like polished stone. The process overall was very easy after watching the video but did almost a whole day to complete with all the drying breaks in between. It was well worth it for sure — and for the price you just can’t beat it and if you have the patience I think this would be a great solution for upgrading the kitchen countertops too!! What a difference.
To date the countertop still looks great and I could not be happier with Giani’s Granite Paint Kit. I only had one small area that I had an issue with due to water underneath the soap dispenser. I don’t think I had enough of the clear coat on the counter top but it was an easy fix and clean-up. I highly recommend visiting the Giani website and watching some of their promotional videos.
If you have been thinking about upgrading your countertops to granite don’t be so quick to rack up those cards. Save some big bucks and get amazing results with the Giani paint kit and make those counters shine!!
All I can say is the Giani Countertop Granite Paint Kit gets one Damn Good Review!
[learn_more caption="From the Manufacturer"]
- Unique blend of polymers and minerals create a countertop that locks out moisture - while showing off the beautiful Sicilian granite of southern Italy!
- Great for upgrading Formica*laminate, Corian*ceramic tile, butcher block, cultured marble and traditional granite countertops and vanities
- Covers 35 square feet or 16 running feet of standard 24″ wide counters
- Quick, fun and easy ’paint-by-number’ process for beginning painters
- Project time – 4 hours of painting and 16 hours of drying
- Water-based safe and low odor
- Hides any existing stains, scratches or burns
- Granite color is adjustable to your decor
- Durable automotive grade clear polyurethane topcoat
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Complete Kit -
-12 Oz. of IronCoreTM Primer-Base Coat
- 6 Oz. of Brown Feldspar Mineral
- 6 Oz. of Inca Gold Mineral
- 6 Oz. of White Limestone Mineral
- 16 Oz. of Automotive Polyurethane Topcoat
- 6″ GIANITM roller arm and two roller pads
- 4″ GIANITM granite paint sponge
- 2″ Foam Brush
- Black Practice Poster Board
- ‘Paint-by-Number’ DVD for beginners
- Illustrated Instructions